Monday, January 5, 2009

Library 2.0

I've read through the article prescribed: "Technology Trends for a 2.0 World" in Library Technology Reports, Sep/Oct 2007. While still indignantly hanging on to the belief that libraries should keep to the high road, I do agree that we must adapt to remain relevant. I liked the idea of facilitating our patrons with web publishing. While I don't know about the funding to do it, it would be nice to allow for video editing, pod casting and cool software for our web savvy patrons. Since we already have hardware and software, this merely takes it a step further. I can see this progression. However, if we are to be trendsetting in libraryland we need to do things much, much better when it comes to webpublishing, etc. It's going to take more education and some toys to make that happen.

No comments: