Friday, December 12, 2008

Flickr Fun...

Per our CTLS 23 challenges, I've created a Flickr account. It seems that there are a lot of really good photographers out there, but I'm not one of them. I've included one of my photos from Flickr here.

There is a bird feeder at the Library right outside the north window. This little garden area was created as an Eagle Scout project. At the beginning, I was the one to refill the birdfood and add water to the bird bath. Last spring, as I was doing my weekly birdfood re-fill, I heard a couple of mockingbirds up in the trees behind the Library. They were hissing at me--very angry. I ignored them to my peril. As soon as I was standing still at the birdfeeder, they began to dive at me. One came at my head, causing me to duck and squawk. The second mockingbird aimed lower and actully hit me on the side of my back. That really made me squeal and jump. After that, I fled.

Did I mention that the birdfeed was just outside of a very large window? While I was dancing around getting attacked by birds, everyone in the Library had a view to the show.

No comments: